How you run the first session with a new client is crucial. It sets the stage for easeful adherence, unparalleled trust, unwavering buy-in, and long-term retention all while maintaining open & honest communication throughout the coaching journey with you.
But the problem is that most of us kinda just wing it – and because of this we end up making a whole host of mistakes that are actually causing the opposite to happen, like:
👻 clients ghosting us when they struggle and quitting before they reach their goals
😭 clients not doing what they say they’re going to do
😱 clients resisting our help and getting upset by their results
In this special Masterclass Episode I’m going to help you stop floundering through that first call so you can feel confident and grounded in how you set them up for success.
To do this, you’re going to learn:
- How to use your consultations as a runway into a dynamic and collaborative coaching relationship
- How to start the first coaching session to get them excited for what is to come (instead of scared to open up and skeptical of whether they can really do this)
- How to build the big picture journey without overwhelming them and accidentally creating a divide between your advice and what they feel ready to take action on
- How to figure out what their most important first action steps should be (plus, how to hold yourself back from over-teaching and sabotaging the buy-in you just built)
- How to subconsciously trigger a feeling of safety for your client so they will accept their struggle as a part of their progress and cultivate a new (more-grounded) relationship to the process
Be sure to have a pen and paper handy (or download the worksheet to guide your learning process here)…and let’s ride!
Here Are a Few Ways We Can Keep This Party Going 🥳…
★ Follow the show wherever you get your podcasts and never miss an episode: