In this episode, Laura is joined by an EXPAND favorite, Jon McLernon, to discuss what might really be going on at the deepest of levels when we hire a business mentor.
Together, Jon & Laura tease apart the toxicity that can occur within the coaching industry and come to the conclusion that ultimately, people are looking for a sense of purpose and fulfillment in their businesses, rather than just financial success.
A few highlights of this episode are:
- The importance of finding a mentor who is willing to form a personal connection with you and not just treat you as a number in their program.
- The power of checking-in with yourself on how you will grow as a person and recognizing that going through mistakes, learning from them, and shaping yourself to become the person you want to be is an important part of the journey.
- Recognizing that creating something that matters to you isn’t just about making money, it’s also about how you feel in your business.
- Asking the question “Why is this happening for me?” instead of “Why is this happening to me?” and to find the positive takeaways even in difficult experiences.
To hear more from Jon, check out Ep. 061 – How To Navigate Client Trauma Without Working Out Of Scope w/ Special Guest: Jon McLernon
To connect directly with Jon, send him an email at email@example.com.
I’m here to be and hold a safe space for coaches to break traditional molds and ascend into a frequency of simplicity and ease. If you desire to begin walking this path, here’s a few ways we can do that together:
📲 Text EXPAND to (833)-205-9157 to join The Expand Podcast Community
⤷ a free space dedicated to those who want to grow more from the show, experience the monthly rituals live + receive 1:1 support in hot seat style sessions
🌬️Practice The January Ritual | use this throughout the month to easily drop into a creative flow, trust yourself to speak freely + reclaim sovereignty over an aligned expression of self.
🌹Try The Secret Garden 14 Days Free | an immersive membership experience built to liberate coaches who want to do things differently.
🌼Connect With Laura | if there’s anyway I can support you, if questions came up as you were listening…or even if you have a topic in mind that you’d really love to hear me speak into on the show? Send me a note and I promise to be there for you.
Thank you so much for being here, truly. If you loved this episode, be sure to Follow + Subscribe so you never miss the new releases dropping every Wednesday and Friday.
And lastly, if you have a moment? Please leave a Rating + Review so we can reach more incredible visionaries, leaders and creatives like you.
To Rate / Review on Apple Podcasts:
1. Click on the Podcast Cover of EXPAND
2. Scroll down to “Ratings and Reviews”
3. Leave your rating by tapping on one of the 5 stars & leave a written review, if you choose.
To Rate / Review on Spotify:
1. Tap on the EXPAND thumbnail to be redirected back to the main show page.
2. Tap the rating immediately underneath the podcast’s description.
3. Drag your finger or tap on one of the five stars to leave a rating.
See ya next time!